The Together Fund is a continuation of the Moving our Community Fund that was set up in April 2020 as part of Sport England’s support package to help the sport and physical activity sector through the coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis.
We are delighted that Leap have successfully applied for £129,084 to identify, support and offer funding to community groups and organisations passionate about tackling inequalities surrounding access to sport and physical activity across Bucks and MK.
This will allow us to continue our work with partners and organisations working with those groups identified as being disproportionately affected by the coronavirus pandemic and significantly impacting their ability to be physically active. These groups are: –
- People from lower socio-economic groups
- People who are ethnically and culturally diverse
- Disabled people
- People with long-term health conditions
Grants are available from £250 to £5,000 with most grants being up to £3,000
Who can apply.
The following organisations can apply:
- Charities, community groups, social enterprises, community Interest companies or other not for profit organisations that support sport and physical activity opportunities for our priority audiences.
- Organisations must be based or delivering in Buckinghamshire or Milton Keynes
- Organisations must have a recognised constitution/ governing document in place
*Organisations without a constitution may explore if/how another organisation could receive any funding on their behalf or Leap (or partners) can support them to write a constitution.
Use of this funding
The types of activity that might be funded could include:
- Hardship through funding support
- Funding for community groups to find new ways of keeping our target audience active in this period
- Offering advice and training support
- Increasing resilience, capacity and capability of delivery bodies
Organisations must demonstrate the following questions:
- Will this investment impact upon at least one of the four priority audiences?
- Has the requirement arisen as a direct result of this community group or audience being adversely affected as a result of COVID-19?
- What issues does the funding help to resolve in improving access to take part in sport and physical activity for the target audience?
- Will this investment help a community group to recover and grow or continue to survive as a direct result of hardship?
- Is the project directly funding the provision of physical activity or if not, how will it support the delivery of physical activity in the immediate future?
What can the funds be used for.
The expenditure can be for the following:
- Staff costs
- Training costs
- Rent / Facility hire
- Utility costs
- IT costs
- Equipment but not capital or fixed equipment
What can’t we fund?
- Organisations and/or projects operating solely outside of Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes
- Activities promoting a particular religious or political belief
- Overseas travel
- Statutory organisations (with the exception of parish councils)
- CICs limited by shares
- Organisations whose principal concern is animal welfare
- Relief of statutory responsibilities
- Retrospective funding
|Applications Deadline:||First Phase: Open until 31st July 2022 or until all funds have been allocated|
|Funding Decision:||Within 4 weeks if all information supplied
|Length of Funding:||Projects must have completed delivery and spent all funds by 31st March 2023|
How to apply
The fund is administered by Leap. Applications need to be made through the application form. To apply please click here.
We appreciate the application process can be daunting, do not hesitate to contact us at Leap. We are here to help!
For all enquiries or if you need assistance to complete an application please contact:
Help applying or queries contact:
|Andrea Healy||Wendy Couzin|
|T: 01296 585073||T: 01296 585215|
|M: 07843311849||M: 07767912052|
|E: email@example.com||E: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Join us in celebrating TIF. An opportunity to celebrate the work, achievements, and success of TIF #TacklingInequalitiesFund Tackling Inequalities Fund – Our story so far