The annual Bucks & MK Sports Awards recognise the outstanding contribution made by those who play sport, and those who help others play sport. Winners in some categories feed into the Regional BBC Sports Awards, and any qualifying unsung hero nominations, could win in the same category at the National BBC Sports Personality of the Year in December.
The awards are co-ordinated by the team here at Leap – The County Sport and Activity Partnership for Bucks & MK. The awards evening is a small but vital element of the work we do year round; helping coaches, volunteers, schools and sports clubs to achieve its mission of getting more people active for life. The evening helps Leap promote its mission, and also provides a great opportunity for organisations to partner in the celebration through a range of sponsorship options.
Supporting the annual awards provides a fantastic opportunity for your organisation:
- Your organisation can be associated with the biggest annual sporting reception in Bucks & MK.
- Colleagues and clients will value your contribution and support to community sport.
- Featured speakers and award recipients range from world champions to volunteers who are the lifeblood of local clubs.
- The build up to the awards and exposure for your organisation starts in July when the nomination process goes live.
- Previous events have all received high media exposure through press, radio and TV coverage.
- Sponsorship helps Leap cover the costs of recognising and rewarding those who give endlessly to their communities.
- Sport is easily understood, and generally perceived to be a good thing!
Highlights each year include:
- 200+ guests from across Bucks, Milton Keynes and neighbouring counties.
- Guests included business leaders, civic leaders, dignitaries from local authorities, education, and lots of athletes, those in their ascendency, and sporting legends who are giving something back.
- The evening had exceptionally high production values, with celebrity hosts such as ex England Hockey goalkeeper and coach Roger Dakin and Women’s Cricket legend Charlotte Edwards, a fantastic live function band and a brilliant showcase of local performers from Gymnasts to poetry readers.
- 10 award categories covering a variety of elements of community sport.
- Considerable media coverage was achieved through local TV, radio and press.
We would love you to help us make each year even more memorable.
For more information contact Mark Ormerod to discuss the various ways you can support this prestigious event.