The nominations process for the 2020 Bucks and MK Sport Awards is now open.
There is a 1,500 character (about 200 word) limit on each question.
Covid Innovation award
New this year, the Covid-19 innovation category is designed to celebrate the fantastic work that has taken place to keep people moving in Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes during the pandemic.
- How have they adapted their delivery during COVID-19?
- What difference has their actions made to their participants during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, how has your nominee remained in contact with their participants?
Community Coach of the Year
This award recognises the excellent contribution and commitment of a coach to getting more people starting, staying and/or succeeding in sport through coaching. We’d love to hear about nominees who have gone above and beyond, adapting their delivery to help people get/stay active during the covid-19 pandemic.
- Tell us what makes the nominee a great coach?
- What difference has the nominee made to the people and community they coach?
- How would you describe the nominee’s coaching philosophy and how have they provided coaching to meet the needs of their participants?
- How has the nominee developed their own practice?
Volunteer of the Year
This award celebrates an individual who makes an outstanding contribution to sport by giving their time to make sport happen. Volunteer Coaches should be nominated in one of the coaching categories.
- Tell us about how your nominee volunteers in physical activity or sport?
- What positive difference on the club or community have they made (particularly during the covid-10 pandemic?)
- Why are they uniquely special in what they do?
Terry Cook Unsung Hero of the Year
This award is presented to an individual who has made an exceptional long term commitment (often unrecognised and over many years) to making sport happen. This award is named after Terry Cook, former Board member and lifelong dedicated hockey volunteer who sadly lost her brave fight with cancer in 2011. Note: This award feeds into the BBC Regional Unsung Hero Award.
- How long has your nominee been making sport happen?
- Tell us about their commitment?
- What difference has your nominee made through their actions?
- What makes your nominee stand out from the rest?