Satellite clubs are local sport and physical activity sessions which provide inactive young people with a positive and enjoyable experience. They are designed around the needs of young people, making it easy to develop and keep regular activity habits.
They provide a link between a community activity provider and an education establishment or youth organisation by creating relevant, appealing and convenient sessions.
Benefits of being involved in the Satellite Club programme
For activity providers
• Recruit new members and regular, weekly participants.
• Reduce the drop off in participation in the 14-19 age group.
• Create new opportunities to recruit volunteers and leaders.
• Encourage the long-term sustainability of the club.
For the educational establishments and youth organisations
• Create new links with community clubs and increase sport and activity offers for young people.
• Raise the profile of your organisation within the local community.
• Create new opportunities for young leaders to gain experience in community clubs.
• Maximise the use of facilities.
For young people
• Sport on their terms – the right sporting experience delivered at the right venue at the right time.
• Taking part in sport with friends in a familiar, more informal environment.
• The opportunity to discover and improve in a new sport, something different.
• An opportunity to take on coaching or leadership roles.
For more information, please contact Rhiannon Smith via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01296 585556.