The PE and Sport Premium aims to support a measurable and sustained improvement in school PE and sport, underpinned by high quality teaching that increases participation levels in physical activity and leads to healthier pupils who are more engaged across the whole curriculum.
In order to be accountable for the funding schools need to be able to demonstrate its impact on:
- Achievement in weekly PE lessons
- Participation in competitive school sport
- Personal health and wellbeing
- Attitudes and behaviour towards learning
Evidencing the impact need not be an onerous task and should be built into existing processes e.g. assessment for learning, pupil voice, parental feedback and school data. Please see below for an impact template, developed by the Youth Sport Trust, which will help your school to identify development priorities, monitor progress and track the impact being made. This could also be used to demonstrate the effective use of the Primary PR and Sport Premium to Ofsted and for putting the appropriate and relevant sections on your school website.
- Advice on Primary PE & Sport Premium from the Association for Physical Education (AfPE)
- Updated Primary PE & Sport Premium ‘Evidencing the Impact’ Template
(Word document from AfPE)