What is the Active Lives children and young people survey?
The Active Lives Children and Young People Survey measures engagement in, and attitudes to, sport and physical activity among children and young people in school years 1 – 11.
Launched in September 2017 the survey is delivered by Sport England in partnership with the Department for Education (DfE), the Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC) and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).
What role does Leap play as an Active Partnership?
Here at Leap we play a key role as the main point of contact for schools around the survey.
- We make contact with each randomly selected school, explain the purpose of the survey and secure the school’s agreement to take part.
- We provide the school with the information it needs to administer the survey.
What value does it have for the schools who are selected?
- You will receive a personalised report about the activity levels of pupils at your school.
- You will be contributing to a world-leading survey that gives a detailed picture of the activity levels of children and young people in England.
- Taking part in the survey contributes to your Healthy Schools rating.
Click here for the latest Active Lives data tables from Sport England
Find out more
For more information on the Active Lives Children Survey please contact Mark Stokes via email: email@example.com