- Akeley Village Hall
- Church Hill
- MK18 5HB
- Contact Name: Shay Fenlon
- Telephone Number: 01296 585604 / 07738 314192 (Text Service)
- Email: email@example.com
Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity (MHASPA) is a three-hour workshop designed to give coaches, volunteers, sport administrators and front-of-house staff the confidence to support people with experience of mental health problems to be more active.
It has been developed with the support of UK Coaching, input from people living with mental health problems and colleagues working in the sport and physical activity sectors. This practical workshop will help you:
– Understand common misconceptions about mental health and the impact of stigma and discrimination
– Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health
– Appreciate the barriers that stop people getting active
– Talk confidently about mental health
– Know where to signpost people to if they need support
– Identify practical actions to make your service more accessible for everyone.
To book onto this workshop please contact Owen Spencer at Bucks Mind via the email address below;