- Aylesbury Vale District Council
- The Gateway, Gatehouse Road
- HP19 8FF
Behaviour change is a series of small steps that people take over time as part of a journey. The goal of that journey may be to reverse unhealthy patterns of behaviour, such as an inactive lifestyle. Behaviour change techniques have been proven to be successful in other social areas too, such as stopping smoking and losing weight by implementing a healthier diet. By taking this workshop, delegates will be able to provide their participants with the tools and the incentive to create lasting change in their lives.
This is a 2 hour workshop where delegates will learn:
- How to use EAST (Easy, Attractive, Social, Timely) as a simple framework for achieving behaviour change.
- Master simple strategies that can influence behaviour and ensure participants keep coming back to sessions and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Identify the individual needs, motivations and goals of participants, and how to tailor content to suit them.
In a recent report by Sport England interviews with young people indicated that the style of coaching adopted in a session – and more precisely the skills of the coaches leading – were identified as the single most important determinants of whether a session is likely to succeed.