- Milton Keynes Rugby Club
- Emerson Valley Sports Pavilion, Bowland Dr
- Milton Keynes
- MK4 2DN
The Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification will equip the first aider with skills to be able to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured at work or play and consists of 6 hours of instructor led tuition with the emphasis on practical application of first aid skills.
The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient. Candidates will receive training in a range of first aid skills using our immersive classroom including:
· The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs.
· The treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious patient.
· The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure.
· The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
· The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking.
· The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding.
· The keeping of simple records following an accident at work.
Successful candidates will be awarded a qualification in Emergency First Aid at Work qualification, valid for 3 years and certificated by WorkSafe Training Systems.