We might not be able to come together to compete in the School Games, but young people from across Bucks and MK can still test and develop their skills across a whole host of sports. Below you’ll find Football activities that can be completed at home or at school.
These activities and resources have been developed by the network of School Games Organisers across Bucks and MK, working hard to ensure every young person can still enjoy and benefit from competitive sport and physical activities.
Challenge 1 – Putting
- Something to strike a ball with (eg racquet, mop etc)
- Tennis ball
- Tape to mark out scoring zones and Tee
- A timer and measuring device
1.Mark out your scoring zones and ‘Tee’, with the first 1m away from your tee. Each progressive zone gets smaller and there are 3 zones. (See next slide for set up dimensions and diagram)
2.Place your ball behind the starting ‘Tee’ and strike your ball, aiming to make it stop within one of the zones.
3.Collect your ball, and record your score.
4.Repeat steps 2 and 3 until your minute has run out. Add up all your points and there is your total!
Points are awarded for the area in which the ball stops in ; Area 1 = 1pt, Area 2 = 2pts, Area 3 = 3pts
If a ball is partly in and area, then take the higher score.
- Collect your ball as quickly as you can so you don’t lose time
- Stay balanced and stable as you swing, do not rock back and forth
- Do not hit the ball too hard, it will go quicker than you think.
Challenge 2 – Chipping
- Something to strike a ball with
- A tennis ball
- Items to make a ramp with (eg: folder, box lid, plank of wood, empty ice cream tub)
- Item to act as a hole (eg: pan, box, clean bin)
1.Create your ramp and make sure its sturdy! (See example on next slide)
2.Mark out your ‘Tee’ and hole points. The ‘Tee must be 1m away from the start of the ramp
3.Strike the ball from the ‘Tee’ up the ramp and into the hole to score a point.
4.Reset the ball on the Tee and repeat step 3 as many times as you can in 1 minute
- You get 1 point every time you get the ball in the hole. You have 1 minute to get as many points as you can.
- Stay balanced in the entire movement
- Get the ball back as quick as you can
- Keep your eyes on the ball when swinging your ‘club’
- Keep your feet and hips still throughout the swing
Enter your best score in the Virtual School Games competition
You can pitch your best effort against other young people from across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes. Enter your score for any of the challenges via our online form and you’ll be in with the chance to win a School Games metal and virtual certificate.
To submit an entry for any of these resource challenges please click here to complete the competition entry form.
Interested in more ways to move?
Enjoyed using this Football resource? There are a number of other activities to try, click links below to find out more.