We might not be able to come together to compete in the School Games, but young people from across Bucks and MK can still test and develop their skills across a whole host of sports. Below you’ll find Football activities that can be completed at home or at school.
These activities and resources have been developed by the network of School Games Organisers across Bucks and MK, working hard to ensure every young person can still enjoy and benefit from competitive sport and physical activities.
Make sure you have a safe space to work in, with plenty of room for the skills you choose.
- Try the gymnastics skills (click here to view) think about control and tight bodies.
- Pick your favourite ones from each section.
- Make an 8 skill sequence, include 1 move from each section plus your favourite 3!
- Skills can be done in any order.
- Only include skills you are confident in and can perform with control and good technique.
- Lastly, think about the connections between skills, to make your sequence flow.
The sequences will be judged on:
- Including all component skills
- Technique, posture and body tension
- Flow and Transition
- To keep it simple will help you keep your sequence controlled. If you want to challenge yourself add a turn jump into your sequence and connect a skill to it.
- Make sure you clear a space so you have room to perform the skills.
Enter your best score in the Virtual School Games Competition
You can pitch your best effort against other young people from across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes. Enter your score for any of the challenges via our online form and you’ll be in with the chance to win a School Games metal and virtual certificate.
To submit an entry for any of these resource challenges please click here to complete the competition entry form.
Interested in more ways to move?
Enjoyed using this Gymnastics resource? There are a number of other activities to try, click links below to find out more.