We might not be able to come together to compete in the School Games, but young people from across Bucks and MK can still test and develop their skills across a whole host of sports. Below you’ll find Football activities that can be completed at home or at school.
These activities and resources have been developed by the network of School Games Organisers across Bucks and MK, working hard to ensure every young person can still enjoy and benefit from competitive sport and physical activities.
Challenge 1 – Dribbling
- A football
- 4 cones (can be replaced by any obstacle, eg. a plant pot, pairs of socks, jumpers, upturned mixing bowls)
- Place your 4 cones in a line 1 metre apart
- Start the timer once you have first touched the ball
- Dribble in and out of the cones
- Dribble around the top cone
- Dribble in and out of the cones on the way back
- Stop the ball on the start line and stop the timer.
Scores will be based on time taken to complete the challenge. The shortest time will win.
- Stay on your toes
- Keep the ball close to your feet
- Keep your eye on the ball
Challenge 2 – Toilet Roll Keepy-Up
- A toilet roll
- Make sure you are in a clear, empty space
- Use your feet, knee, head, or any other part of your body to volley the toilet roll in the air (not hands/arms)
- If you drop it on the floor, pick it up and carry on.
- 1 point for every time you hit the toilet roll
- 30 seconds for primary school students
- 1 minute for secondary school students
- Use of the knees/thighs help with control
- Determination is key so show some persistence
Enter your best score in the Virtual School Games competition
You can pitch your best effort against other young people from across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes. Enter your score for any of the challenges via our online form and you’ll be in with the chance to win a School Games metal and virtual certificate.
To submit an entry for any of these resource challenges please click here to complete the competition entry form.
Interested in more ways to move?
Enjoyed using this Football resource? There are a number of other activities to try, click links below to find out more.