Welcome to the Bucks & MK Virtual School Games brought to you through a partnership between Leap and the network of School Games Organisers (SGOs) Bucks and MK.
The Bucks & MK Virtual School games will provide weekly virtual challenges for young people across Bucks and MK to take part in and compete with others across the county.
The virtual challenges will be an activity that can be done home, with minimal equipment and gives young people the opportunity to achieve their personal best and compete against other young people across Bucks and MK.
Each week an SGO from Bucks and MK will post a new challenge on Monday morning. They will demonstrate the activity and any rules. All you need to do is have a go, practise the challenge and then get someone in your household/teacher to video your attempt of the challenge.
If you would like to compete against other young people across the county, simply upload your attempt on any social media platform and use the hashtag #BMKVirtualSG.
Each activity will be open for 2 weeks with winners of each category being rewarded with a School Games Medal and Virtual Certificate.
Week 4: Rounders Challenge
To enter the competition, upload a video of your best attempt to social media (Twitter or Facebook) and use the hashtag #BMKVirtualSG by Monday 15th June.
Week 3: Tennis Challenge
To enter the competition, upload a video of your best attempt to social media (Twitter or Facebook) and use the hashtag #BMKVirtualSG by Monday 1st June
Week 2: Catching Challenge
To enter the competition, upload a video of your best attempt to social media (Twitter or Facebook) and use the hashtag #BMKVirtualSG by Monday 25th May
Week 1: Speedbounce Challenge
To enter the competition, upload a video of your best attempt to social media (Twitter or Facebook) and use the hashtag #BMKVirtualSG by Monday 18th May.
Terms and Conditions
1) The competition organiser is Leap – The Bucks & MK Sport and Activity Partnership who are based at The Coach House, Green Park, Stablebridge Rd, Aston Clinton HP22 5NE.
2) The competition is open to any child (aged between 5 and 16) who is a resident of, or attends school in, Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes
3) The entry process is to upload a video of your attempt of the challenge to social media using the hashtag #BMKVirtualSG
4) The closing date of each challenge will be publicised. No entries will be considered after these closing dates
5) The parent/guardian is aware of the nature of the challenge and takes responsibility for ensuring a safe area for the challenge to take place. This involves, but is not limited to, the surface, the equipment and the surrounding areas.
6) The Bucks and MK School Games network will judge all entries and their decision will be final. No appeals process will be in place
7) The winners of each category will be sent a School Games medal and a Virtual School Games certificate.
8) The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent
9) Leap reserve the right to terminate the competition if circumstances arise that are out of our control
10) By entering this competition the parent/guardian/teacher are agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions.
Schedule of challenges
Week 1 – Monday 4th May
Challenge set by Leap
Speed bounce challenge (Challenge closes – 18/05/2020)
Week 2 – Monday 11th May
Challenge set by Rachel Hutchinson (South Bucks School Games Area – @SSPSouthBucks)
Catching challenge (Challenge closes – 25/05/2020)
Week 4 – Monday 1st June
Challenge set by Adam Patten and Chris Sewell (Wycombe and Marlow School Games Areas – @SchoolGamesWycM)
Week 5 – Monday 1st June
Challenge set by Caroline Collie (Buckingham School Games Area – @BuckinghamSSP)
Week 5 – Monday 1st June
Challenge set by Caroline Bird (Dr Challoners High School – @DCHS_SGO)
Week 7 – Monday 15th June
Challenge set by Katy Kelly (Mandeville School Games Area – @GamesMandeville)