This fund is here to help you!
- Are you a physical activity coach, instructor or sports club?
- Have you lost income or funding due to Covid?
- Have you been forced to reduce, adapt or cancel activity that helps under represented groups to stay active?
Leap are committed to helping to support the coaches, leaders, volunteers and organisations who make sport and activity happen across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes.
We are here to help you with the opportunity to apply for vital funds to deliver covid19 secure activity.
Heart of Bucks and Milton Keynes Community Foundation are pleased to be working with Leap and are administrating the fund. With funds provided by Sport England, Leap has set up this fund dedicated to supporting organisations to continue providing physical activity sessions.
Our Moving our Communities fund, can help you with a grant from £250 to £5,000. It can support you to keep workshops and activity running (while meeting current regulations).
Would you like to:
- Offer online classes?
- Have more classes because existing ones can only have fewer people?
- Open classes or workshops up to new people?
- Add a new venue or location to reach more people?
- Gain funds to pay for staff, training, facilities, equipment, IT, insurance
You don’t have to be a traditional sports club: in fact we would really welcome applications from non-traditional organisations.
Who is the funding for.
The grant is available to community organisations who are supporting the priority groups to be active, these groups are as follows:
- Lower Socio-economic Groups
- Ethnically Diverse Communities
- People with Long Term Conditions
- Disabled People
Who can apply.
The following organisations can apply:
- Charities, community groups, social enterprises, community Interest companies or other not for profit organisations that support sport and physical activity opportunities for our priority audiences.
- Organisations must be based or delivering in Buckinghamshire or Milton Keynes
- Organisations must have a recognised constitution/ governing document in place
Use of this funding.
Organisations must demonstrate the following:
- Impact on at least one of the four priority groups
- Funds to be used to operate and support existing activity/sessions
- Show how the funding will either help a trusted club/community body to survive through the next 6 months and/or support their participants to remain active in the COVID-19 lockdown and early recovery stages over the next 6 months
- Is there a clear ‘line of sight’ from this investment to physical activity taking place either now or in the immediate future
- Demonstrate a clear financial need for the funding sought
- Not be a duplicate application for funding already received from the Sport England Community Emergency Fund.
- Be eligible to receive Sport England Lottery Funding
- Click here to view the full criteria for the funding
What can the funds be used for.
Organisations can use the funds to deliver existing activity, the expenditure can be for the following:
- Staff costs
- Training costs
- Rent / Facility hire
- Utility costs
- IT costs
|Apply by deadline:||15th January 2021|
|Funding Decision:||Within three weeks for £2,000 and below, slightly longer for over £2,000. Projects must have completed delivery by 31st March 2021.|
|Length of Funding:||Support and fund projects up to a maximum of six months|
How to apply
The fund is administered by Heart of Bucks and Milton Keynes Community Foundation. Applications need to be made through the relevant Community Foundation:
Heart of Bucks are accepting applications through their ‘Moving Our Community Fund’. Click here to apply online through Heart of Bucks.
In Milton Keynes?
MK Community Foundations are accepting applications through their ‘biweekly emergency appeal process’ and ‘business as usual’ monthly small grants rounds.
Click here to apply online through the MK Community Foundation.
We appreciate the application process can be daunting, do not hesitate to contact us at Leap.
We are here to help
For all enquiries or if you need assistance to complete an application please contact:
|Andrea Healy||Wendy Couzin|
|T: 01296 585073||T: 01296 585215|
|M: 07843311849||M: 07767912052|
|E: email@example.com||E: firstname.lastname@example.org|