In line with the requirements of the Bucks Safe Practice in School Swimming Policy, develop your school swimming team with the National Curriculum Training Programme (NCTP)
Class teachers and other adults who already have an established relationship with your pupils are absolutely the best placed people to make school swimming a success in your school. The programme helps:
- school staff to become more confident in the delivery of high quality school swimming lessons
- pupils to receive the best quality aquatics education in line with NC requirements (ratios lowered too helping faster progress)
- partnership working with swimming teachers and school staff
- raise awareness of resources available for school swimming
- The NCTP is comprised of two training programmes that use a combination of theory and practical sessions on how best to deliver school swimming.
Fundamentals of School Swimming – once completed the holder will be able to actively assist and support a more qualified swimming teacher. Candidates can then progress to the second training programme.
Aquatic Skills of School Swimming – once completed the holder will be qualified to plan and evaluate session plans in line with the national curriculum and teach independently within a school swimming programme.
For further details, to book on to a course or for any questions about these courses, please contact Mandy Carey, AVTP/BCC School Swimming Adviser – firstname.lastname@example.org