Satellite club are local sport and physical activity clubs which provide young people with positive, enjoyable experiences of sport and physical activity. They are designed around the needs of young people, to make it easy to develop and keep regular activity habits.
They provide a link between a community club or regular activity opportunity through the creation of relevant, appealing and convenient sporting activities.
For community clubs / activity providers…
• Recruit new members and regular, weekly participants.
• Reduce the drop off in participation in the 14-19 age group.
• Create new opportunities to recruit volunteers and leaders.
• Encourage the long-term sustainability of the club.
For the satellite club hosts – the educational establishments and youth organisations…
• Create new links with community clubs and increase sport and activity offers for young people.
• Raise the profile of your organisation within the local community.
• Create new opportunities for young leaders to gain experience in community clubs.
• Maximise the use of facilities.
• Sport on their terms – the right sporting experience delivered at the right venue at the right time.
• Taking part in sport with friends in a familiar, more informal environment.
• The opportunity to discover and improve in a new sport, something different.
• An opportunity to take on coaching or leadership roles.
For more information, please contact Rhiannon Smith via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01296 585556.